Introduction to Storytelling – Summer 2015
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
This intensive ten day workshop is designed for photographers who have a technical base in digital photography and now want to take their skills to the next level. The workshop will introduce photographers to working on narratives and telling stories. Participants will be introduced to a wide variety of visual styles and languages and work to produce one body of work in the duration of the workshop. Participants should be prepared to work hard and push their limits!
Course will cover the following;
– Introduction to storytelling
– Aesthetics I – Composition and content
– Aesthetics II – Light
– Ethics in photography
– Visual styles and master photographers
– Digital workflow and post-production (Bridge, Photoshop)
– Introduction to editing
– Note taking, research and caption writing
Date: 26 August – 4 September 2015
Venue: Alliance Française in Kathmandu, Bansighat Marga, Tripureswor
Timing: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm on weekdays, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm on Saturdays
Language: Nepali + English
Fee: NRs. 5000 plus 13% VAT
Tutors: Kishor K Sharma, NayanTara Gurung Kakshapati, Prasiit Sthapit and Shikhar Bhattarai
– Participants should have a technical base in photography.
– Participants should have their own DSLR cameras.
– Participants should be able to commit to the workshop full time.
– Participants should plan to be shooting when they are not in class.
– To apply, please fill an application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Send us a portfolio of your 10 best images. [1000 pixels on the longest side]. Singles or story.
– This workshop is open to all interested, but priority will be given to young Nepali photographers.
– 2 scholarships are available for Nepali participants from outside Kathmandu valley. Please state in your application if you would like to apply for the scholarship. Participant will be responsible for travel and local accommodation herself/himself.
5 PM, 24 August 2015